Sneak Peek into the New Stock T.C.
Head to the back of The Grocer to find a counter full of stunning salads and sides that you can order to eat there or take home. Adjacent to this is their made-to-order counter for sandwiches and additional salads; a perfect place to stop by for a weekday lunch or to pick up sides to take home. Alternatively, do what I did and pop in at 11AM on Saturday for a burger and Ace Hill beer!
The salads and sides are varied and include:
- Tomato, feta & olive salad
- Pasta Fredda alla Norma
- Kale & quinoa with walnuts, cabbage and radicchio
- Edamame chickpea salad with beets and miso
- Chicken, pear and dried cranberry salad
- Roasted trio of mushrooms with beef demi
- And more!
You can also order a sandwich, salad, bowl or pasta to be freshly made. The sandwiches include:
- Dry aged smashed burger (which I enjoyed, and can attest was delicious!)
- Rotisserie chicken sandwich
- Dry aged sirloin steak sandwich
- French braised beef short rib sandwich
- Buttermilk fried chicken sandwich
- Breakfast sandwich
- And more!
The other made-to-order offerings include:
- Ravioli ricotta
- Rigatoni Bolognese
- Korean rice bowl
- Warm rotisserie chicken salad
- Dry aged sirloin steak salad
- And more!
I love a great pre-prepped dish or side, and Stock T.C. has plenty to offer. Aside from the burger, my guilty purchase was a tray of mac and cheese, ready to be reheated in the oven. I couldn’t resist the ooey gooey goodness. Other ready-to-cook offerings include:
- Scallop potatoes
- Three types of lasagna (including a short rib version that sounds like pure heaven)
- Confit pork & truffle mac and cheese
- Eggplant parmigiana
- Shepard pie
- Steak and mushroom pie
- Red curry & coconut chicken soup (This was part of my haul. It had layers of flavours and will definitely be a repeat purchase for us.)
- And more!
House-Made & Unique Products
In case you aren’t already enticed enough to walk out with a bag full of goodies, Stock T.C. also has a huge array of other products that are difficult to find elsewhere.
An entire section of The Grocer is dedicated to bottles of house-made condiments and dressings. We’ve previously bought the house-made hot sauce from Cumbrae’s and fell in love, so I knew I had to pick up another staple. This time, it was the burger sauce, which is fantastic. I’m looking forward to testing out the:
- Champagne vinaigrette,
- All the mayonnaises (truffle mayo, roasted red pepper mayo, horseradish mayo, the list goes on!),
- And marinades & bbq sauces (sriracha, honey & lime sounds particularly intriguing).
Some final favourites include:
- pre-cooked octopus (so all you need to do is throw it on the grill and voilà, grilled octopus!),
- a hunk of smoked bacon, which is perfect for dicing into a pasta,
- fresh pasta (note that I also love the fresh pasta from Pasta Pantry, near Yonge and Davisville if you’re a bit further south & want to support a small shop),
- homemade pasta sauces, including tomato-based sauces, a mushroom cream sauce and arugula pesto
- truffle butter (!!!),
- plenty of popular dips (eg. Mad Mexican), olive oils and vinegars
- freshly baked bread,
- a lovely display of Stok Floral flowers at the front,
- and of course, they have an incredible meat counter and plenty of cheeses. I particularly liked how they offer their cheeses in a variety of sizes – I picked up an itsy bitty block of parmesan, perfect for two.
So what did I actually take home with me?
- Burger Staples: 2 burger patties & the house-made burger sauce
- Pasta Staples: Fresh pasta, arugula pesto, arrabiata sauce, smoked slab bacon, and parmesan cheese
- Cheese Board Staples: 4 additional cheese (2 of which are new to me – valtellina and pecorino peppe nero), three packages of charcuterie (salami, spicy spianata, and prosciutto) and a package of crackers
- Red curry coconut chicken soup
- Sliced turkey for sandwiches
- Cooked octopus
- Mac & cheese
- Chewy double chocolate chip cookies
It would be an understatement to say I loved my experience (and goodies) from Stock T.C. It’s a fabulous addition to the neighbourhood and I am looking forward to visiting again, especially when the Stock Bar and patio opens (I saw a sneak peek of the space, and it looks stunning!).
Create the best at-home cheese and charcuterie boards with delicious ingredients from these Toronto hotspots.
Rob and Jen launched the Home Appliances Food Co. food truck amidst the pandemic, as a way to pivot when the restaurant industry was heavily impacted. Read on to learn about their inspiring journey and how they’re making a go of it.
The top 10 places to order from in Toronto for the Super Bowl 2021. Although you can’t leave your house to watch the Super Bowl, at least you can spend it enjoying an elevated game-day spread!