Perfect Valentine’s Gifts from Toronto
Buying a gift for Valentine’s Day can be stressful. My recommendation: get something personal or with a story behind it. That way, you’re gifting much more than just an object. Alternatively, opt for no gift and plan something fun to do together.
Custom Wall Art
Website: Casabianca Art
The Details: I’ve been following Casabianca Art for ages – the drawings they create magically depict Toronto favourites – bars, restaurants, coffee shops.
When they posted the idea of a custom couple series, featuring the location of your first date, first home, wedding and forever home (or similar), I thought it was such a creative & sentimental idea (see their photo on the left for an example).
For anyone out there struggling to find a meaningful gift, this one’s for you!
The Details: Jewelry is a classic Valentine’s Day gift. I’ve rounded up some of my favourite Toronto jewelry brands, so you can buy a beautiful gift and support local at the same time.
Pictured: Bluboho earings.
Websites: West & Willow
The Details: Anyone who loves their pet will adore a pet portrait. We were gifted one from West & Willow and I almost cried when I opened it. While West & Willow isn’t exactly Canadian (they’re from NYC), I thought it was worth a call out anyway, as they are a small biz. They can make wall art or other gifts, like coffee mugs.
Pictured: Our pup, @leonardthedood, and the portrait his grandma got us.
Websites: Craigs Cookies
The Details: Is there anything better than a box of six Craig’s Cookies? Honestly, if you’re dating someone that doesn’t love these … you may want to question if you should even be together. Kidding (but not really). The nice thing about Craig’s Cookies is since they’ve expanded so much, you’re likely to be able to get your hands on these, even if you are in a last-minute bind.
A Hand-Crafted Bouquet
- Wild North Flowers – for beautiful, whimsical arrangements
- May Flowers – modern and stunning floral designs
- Sweetpeas – the shop with almost 2K reviews, and a 4.9 rating!
- Blooming Flower Bar – a Cabbagetown gem dubbed ‘the happy place’
- Tonic Blooms – same-day delivery and excellent customer service (I’ve personally used them many times)
The Details: Flowers are a classic Valentine’s Day gift. When in doubt, always show up with a beautiful bouquet. When you can, try to shop local to reduce your environmental footprint. Check out our interview with the Local Flower Collective to learn more!
Fun Date-Night Activities
- Pasta Forever – pasta making classes (I’ve personally taken her classes and they’re fantastic – you’ll also be amazed at what you can make, even if you’re not a big cook). Photo is from Pasta Forever’s website.
- Kandl – make a custom scented candle from home
- Novo – head to Yorkville and splurge on a couples massage
- Dolci – gifting to someone with a sweet tooth? Book a baking class (virtual or in-person, once open) at Dolci! From pies, to cinnamon buns and cupcakes, you’ll be sure to find something delicious.
- Sushi Making for the Soul – join an online class and learn to make sushi at home (as of writing they have a few couples spots left for Valentine’s Day, and a few for Feb 19th)
The Details: In my opinion, spending time together is really what Valentine’s Day should be about.
A Beautiful Dinner at Home
Great Valentine’s Day Takeout Menus in Toronto
Check out my earlier post on great Valentine’s Day takeout menus, and set yourself up for a delicious dinner at home. Be sure to pre-order in advance, these set menus typically sell out quickly!
The Perfect Three Day Itinerary in Charleson
Charleston is a quaint, historical, sea-side town that also happens to be a food lover’s paradise. Here’s how to spend three days in Charleston.
Toronto Restaurant Valentine’s Day Takeout Menus 2022
The top places to order takeout from in Toronto for Valentine’s Day 2022. These takeout options are certainly meant to impress!
73 Questions With The Founder of Middle of Somewhere
73 Questions with the Founder of Middle of Somewhere
Join the mailing list to receive the latest updates!